Monday 24 September 2012

Wet wet wet wet........

Wet in more ways than one today.   But how lucky we are not to be back on the Avon with this deluge coming down.   Needless to say we stayed put for the day .  This morning I bravely donned full length waterproof, wellies and sou'wester and took Barney for his early morning walk.   There was not a soul around and I occupied myself considering what I would do if he fell in the canal and I could not get him out.........thoughts of rushing back to yank Geoff out of bed to help........
He has not fallen in for over 2 years and that was when he mistook water covered in duckweed for solid grass when we were on the Chesterfield canal.
Seconds later he slipped off the side and....splash......he was most unimpressed especially when he could not get out onto the concrete side.........I was also unimpressed as I had to crouch down onto the wet and muddy towpath to yank him out.........luckily I managed it and he then proceeded to shake all over me.........not a good start to the day!!!!!

It did clear up by about 3.30 but that was far too late for us to go anywhere........

No comments: