Friday 11 July 2014

A leisurely day.......

We all walked back to Saltaire this morning.  I took Barney to the park whilst Geoff went exploring the mill which he had neglected to do yesterday.   We then had coffee in the cafe there, all very laid back and congenial.  On return I settled down to some work (Giles accounts) and Geoff and Barney set off in the other direction to see where we could move to tomorrow.  We wanted to be a bit closer to Bingley for church and lunch.  The last two Sundays it has been a long walk for church so I fancied something easier.


The United Reformed church in Saltaire.
I assume that Sir Titus Salt who built the mills and the village belonged to that faith!

This mill has been converted into private dwellings

Roberts park

I was bemused by this.   We see these barriers in many places, presumably to stop motor cycles?
However I could not see what purpose this one served at all

No comments: